Sunday, March 28, 2010

Once upon a time...

The General Young Women’s Broadcast was a very spiritual meeting that I am glad I attended. And I am so thankful that I got to strengthen my testimony.

Although there were many good speakers and topics, one that touched me a lot, was said by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. He spoke about how “Once upon a time” and “Happily ever afters” are not only in fairy tales. Right now is our “Once upon a time” where we have to experience trials, adventures, happiness, and love with one another. If we keep the commandments, follow the prophet, and follow Our Saviors plan, then we can also experience our “Happily ever after.” He told us that being princess’s and princes is not only in fairy tales. We are Heavenly Father’s children, which make us His royal children. Also, another thing that stuck out to me was what Sister Elaine S. Dalton said. She made known unto us, that every single person has a “deep beauty.” It is the kind of beauty that you don’t have to wash off or paint on every day. Inner beauty shines brightly on the outside.

I am so thankful that I attended this broadcast with my mom and sister. And I know that we are all children of Our Father in Heaven, who knows each of us individually.

3 comments:

  1. That's sweet Sierra. (and I LOVE the picture with this post!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful talk by President Uchtdorf! I could just see him riding his future mother-in-law on his bike's handlebars.

    I also liked how he said that as a pilot, no one could convice him, threaten him, or flatter him to believe that going south instead of east would lead to his destination . . . just like we have to be 'steadfast and immovable' in our course leading to Happily Ever After.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mom:) Yeah I totaly forgot about when he said that. He said a lot of good things in it. That was a GREAT talk.

    ReplyDelete